Please id. I'm concerned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please I'd
Just found this. What is it? Tank is extremely young and this is the first thing I've found growing.
It's got high light and med-high flow.
Reddish brown in color, stands about 1/4 inch tall and is about 1/6 in in diameter. Anyone know?
For some reason I can't post pic. Sorry. It looks like a paly I think. Please post pic with guess so I can compare. I'm extremely curious to know what it is. Thanks!

A pic would help, perhaps we can help you post a pic... what is the issue you are having with it?

You have limited space for pics. You can either become a supporting member which greatly expands attachment space, upload to an album on AA or upload to photobucket or flickr.

Okay so it's an alien! I'm unsure if it's normal for this "thing" to eat shrimp slightly larger than it. (Moderator edit) is it normal for tiny tiny things to eat shrimp? And how in the hell did it even get it. Also, will it grow large enough to eat me overnight in my sleep O.O
I'm new so if it's common to have monsters in your tank don't laugh at me lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it was eating my shrimp it would already be gone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Although it seems to have grown.... Oh god :| lol, it hasn't moved. It gotta be some kind of coral. Any guesses? Grayish foot, reddish brown disk like head with 2 layers of tentacles around the edge of the disk, and catches frozen shrimp with the tentacle things then wraps shut around it then swallows it. Med-high flow high light. First thing I've found on my dry rock. tank inhabitants 2 young clowns and 2 red hermits and a sponge. Any guesses will be greatly appreciated.

have you searched majano anemone? if it has grown that fast, it is either a button polyp opening up or its a pest anemone imo

Okay it's grown large enough for me to tell... :/ lol it's only a majano. Sorry guys thanks though :)

Majano are a real pain in the butt. They can take over a tank. I would treat it just as you would aptasia.

Yup. Need aptasia x. Or I'll give it face full of supplements :) doubt it'll respond well to that.

Back
Top Bottom