please ID?? Possible cyano outbreak.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did mine the afternoon after I dosed the chemiclean. So it was almost 24 hours from dosing. Just follow the instructions and you should be set.

A fresh start is good, now that you know better you should be able to avoid it in the future. :)

I didn't have a sump in my cube so I added it directly to the tank. SAme for the big tank, it kinda didn't occur to me to add it to the sump lol

i guess it dosnt matter much? i think ill addt it to the return section of my sump to make sure it gets mixed up real good

ok ive added the chemiclean. i added 5 spoon fulls for my 45 gallon tank accounting for rock displacement and sump water i havent seen much changes tho i did see some of the cyano floting in the water im hopping by tomorrow will all be gone. if not ill do my water change tomorrow night and wait till the following day to treat again

Alright so about 50% of my cyano in my dt went away and it still covering my sand. My refugium is still a mess and my filter sock is going crazy should I have taken that out too?it was a new filter sock I replaces yesterday morning

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111123_084608.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111123_084608.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 60
Ok so just a lil update all they cyano is 95% gone. :)...... I still have some clumpy stuff on the sand bed. And some red stains on the rocks. I'm going to do my pwc. Tonight when I get home. This stuff worked great. Thanks for the advice guys.

Now my only question is when I'm done with my pwc. And all the stains aren't gone should I dose again??

i never needed to. one dose was plenty for even the most massive cyano outbreak. again, you are going to have to do multiple water changes before you'll be able to fire up your skimmer and not have it immediately overflow.

Another update- I will be doing my second water change tonight. The tank is still filled with micro bubbles and none if the red stains are gone not sure if its cyano. But here's some pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111125_185159.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111125_185159.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20111125_185221.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111125_185221.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 64
  • ForumRunner_20111125_185241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111125_185241.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 69
paulweck said:
Another update- I will be doing my second water change tonight. The tank is still filled with micro bubbles and none if the red stains are gone not sure if its cyano. But here's some pics

I'm currently doing the same treatment. Could that just be your Fiji rock color? Also, how are your prams looking?

i havent tested since about 5 days ago. but the only things that were high was my phos. was at about 0.20 and the nitrates were at 0 from what my api test said. ive ordered new redsea tests and a few hanna checkers that will be here on monday and also my gfo for my new reactor.

paulweck said:
i havent tested since about 5 days ago. but the only things that were high was my phos. was at about 0.20 and the nitrates were at 0 from what my api test said. ive ordered new redsea tests and a few hanna checkers that will be here on monday and also my gfo for my new reactor.

Think the reactor will clean the rest up. Mine has done wonders. I just wanted to finish what was left.

Back
Top Bottom