Please ID this coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this is a type of a Trumpet Coral, but I'd like more info and I cannot seem to get any distinct answers. As you can see I have a standard Trumpet Coral near the one I am questioning...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387260024.532870.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387260044.764590.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387260058.817726.jpg

Maybe get a picture when it's closed as well. There are several different species of caulastrea labeled trumpet corals but they are all caulastrea.

Yeah I guess. The different species look like identical so really positively iding them is probably impossible. Maybe caulastrea curvata or echinulata but idk.

That's a picture with the common candy cane in the foreground and the different coral in the background when I'm showing both corals in one picture.

Sniper,

I never said it was rare. I just want to know a common name and or the scientific name also. If someone please could....

Yeah I guess. The different species look like identical so really positively iding them is probably impossible. Maybe caulastrea curvata or echinulata but idk.

I gave you two scientific names that it could be. I don't think it has a common name other than trumpet coral and you would have to run a DNA test to 100% identify it.

Lol, very funny guy. I'd like to know the name Bo if you don't know that's cool but let someone else answer if you don't but, I found out I have 2 Blastomussa's.

I'm saying there is no exact name lol. You would need to do a scientific tests to find it out exactly. It is a trumpet coral...other people can answer but that's the answer lol

Back
Top Bottom