Please id zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought the at a can food drive. Not to sure what they are. Under the blue lights the center is a pinkish color.8

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402198966621.jpg
    1402198966621.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 125
Thanks, I looked the up and I think they look more like God's.
What are the most common zoas, I always see a lot of green ones at the lfs.

Whammin' watermelons (1st one thetodd posted) are probably the most common followed by the dragon eyes (2nd one thetodd posted). True eagle eyes have an orange center and are not as common as they used to be. I agree yours look like armor of the gods.

Beautiful. I have another question. I have a zoa colony since December. So far it had zoa pocks, I dipped it and saved it. Nice experience for a newbie. Just lately I noticed some of the polyps are coming off the rock. I have been having a hard time keeping up the alkinity. It go as low as 7.0. I have been dosing even other day. When I dose it goes up to 8.5 to 9.0. Could this be why the heads are Comming off the rock? Here is a picture with the zoa pocks. And a picture of how it looks now.
humymynu.jpg

Attachments

• 1402373042751.jpg
    1402373042751.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 70
Doubt it. It looks to be doing fantastic now. Unless its melting I'd just keep doing what you're doing

Whammin' watermelons (1st one thetodd posted) are probably the most common followed by the dragon eyes (2nd one thetodd posted). True eagle eyes have an orange center and are not as common as they used to be. I agree yours look like armor of the gods.

The first I posted were what I've always thought were Eagle Eyes (or primo eagle eyes) :) ...that color combo is what I see all over the Internet listed as Eagle Eyes now. I don't think I've seen yellow centered ones before.

Yeah I believe they have just become the new eagle eyes lol. Here's my true eagle eyes
LMMr2oh.jpg

Definite orange center. I have whammin' watermelons and thee is a distinct difference :)

Either way they are beautiful. I wish I could get better pictures with my cell phone. If I turn on my blue lights there is a lot of red glare.

Back
Top Bottom