Please identify my hermit crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andytee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum (and marine aquariums) but i've been getting lots of useful advice from your threads over the last two months whilst iv been setting up my first tank and now I've decided to join.

I have a crab in by tank which I was told to be a Algea crab ( picture below). Is this correct? More importantly is it safe to have in a fish and reek tank. It has molted twice in the last month, growing substantially and going through several shells. It is a little clumsy around my coral grabs but I haven't seen it eat them yet. Just wanted to know what it is and if it's going to be a nuisance in the future.

Any advice welcome!

Many thanks

Attachments

• image-3391032217.jpg
    image-3391032217.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1260616816.jpg
    image-1260616816.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 80
It looks like a large fuzzy leg hermit witch are good, and your right a bit clumsy, wont eat your coral and a good addition to a clean up crew

Oh good I'm glad I don't have to worry bout him eating the corals. He is bar far the most active of my CUC and very interesting to watch strutting around in bigger and bigger shells so glad I don't have to get rid of him

Thank you very much for the ID and advice.

Back
Top Bottom