Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Please identify this coral

Happy New Year!

I picked up this mat coral the other day from my LFS. It was 40% off and I ended up getting it for about $25. I really only got it because of the florescent color to it under my lighting. Iíd like to learn more about it so I can allow it to flourish.

Also, I had an extremely tough time keeping it flat on almost any surface of my tank. When the girl at my LFS grabbed it, it was somewhat attached to the bottom of their tank. I am assuming it grab on naturally, but for the time being I lightly wrapped some sewing thread around the rock I placed it on. It seems to be very happy in this place with both flow and lighting.

As always thank you so much for your assistance!

Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4162.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	311540

Old 01-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

GSP. Green star polyps. Very easy to grow polyp coral. They grow a thick purple mat that they grow on. Makes them easy to frag and pretty much everyone's starter coral. Very hard to kill and that they can become a pest in some tanks. Best to keep them in the sandbed.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you Sniperhank for the fast response. I have moved it to the sand bed. Looking forward to a nice carpet!!

Tags
coral, identify

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com