Poly or zoa ID help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drfu

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was just given these am not sure what they are? They are on a long stock so I'm guessing its a poly, its teal in colour with darker green eyelashes. I just would like to know what i got to make sure i place & take care of it properly.

Also it came on what i would describe as crispy instant noodles, not live rock, as when i placed it in my tank it broke onto pierces. If i were to guess it was some sort of tubes from a thin feather duster or tube worm as they are brittle & white.

Thanks for your help in advance!

First pic, look to middle at sand. Second pic, bunch on the left:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407349838.986986.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407349853.883025.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is their a name to these guys?

Zoa names aren't really for a specific kind. They are really Mickey Mouse, with different names for the same zoa depending on the area, store, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is probably 4 or 5 names for every kind and color of Zoa`s. It`s a marketing gimmick as far as I`m concerned.

I am kinda figuring that out now on my own, found several id sites and they all look the same yet have different names!

I like the names lol. But paying insane amounts per polyp is stupid. Zoaid is a good site for trying to Id them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I found out its most likely a teal poly, could be trouble as they can grow out of control

Back
Top Bottom