Polyp coral with bumps on heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hesselrode

Aquarium Advice Activist
Received this coral free. Unsure if you can see in pic but each head has two bumps on it. Bumps only show when they are open.

Attachments

• image-1551132568.jpg
    image-1551132568.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 133
I see what you did there. I was wanting I'd of the coral not the bumps.

Those are Palythoa. They have those things that almost look like hinges on the rim. Be careful handling them. They are quite toxic.

Too many to try and select from. Couldn't find any with Those bumps on the edge of the head.

They look exactly like the color my Hawaiian Sticky Punch Palys have turned. The "hinges" don't always show up in the pictures, and the colors can be deceiving. They will change colors to suit changes in environment. Sticky Punch is a species that is easy to keep, and will adapt readily.

I have only seen my Toby try to eat them once, and I thought he was going to die from it. He swam around like he was drunk for almost 10 minutes. If you look at some of the pictures if HSP on the link you will see that some of the pics look just like yours.

Well the corals have spread like wild fire but still have the bumps on them.

Attachments

• image-2246888382.jpg
    image-2246888382.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 76
As I said a long time ago the bumps are normal. They will never go away. That's just the way they are made.

Yeah I figured that, just was pointing it out. How cme this one has grown to almost twice the size but my other polyps and zoos aren't?

That's the magic of zoanthids. I have two groups. One has grown well, the other has just sat their and dwindled. They can be weird like that.

Back
Top Bottom