Possible aiptasia or majano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
This popped up on a live rock of mine. Want to make sure its not a nuisance coral. its kind of a greenish-yellow color. Thought it was a paly but not sure. Can anybody ID this?

Attachments

• image-3775497999.jpg
    image-3775497999.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-4126420387.jpg
    image-4126420387.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2143748961.jpg
    image-2143748961.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 106
I just had one of those and it was a majano anemone. Actually I posted a thread about mine not even three days ago. From what I understand its worse than aiptasia

Yea ive heard majanos are pretty bad. Well im going to hate getting rid of it. It looks cool.

Don't cut or rip it. U will have to get a syringe and inject it. I took a hammer and acre driver and broke that part of the frag off and discarded it

I just did a google image search for green majano anemone and none of them look like the one i have

If it is a majano people do keep them. I thought the one o had was pretty cool

The only difference i've seen between majano and aptasia anemones is that the majanos look better, and they move around. They both reproduce pretty quickly, and both sting what they make contact with.

Thanks for the info. Might keep it around for now but as soon as i see it multiply or being a threat then its lethal injection time

The mouth doesn't look like an aptasia to me. Have you poked it usually a polyp will ball up and an aptasia will disappear into the rocks. Also remember zoas and palyps reproduce too I have some palyps that reproduce faster than any aptasia I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom