Possible Mushrooms on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris J

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 40g breeder tank has been set up for 3-4 months but the LR was in a 37g tall for 1-2 months prior to that. I re-scaped my tank about a month ago when I added a sump/fuge to my system and didnt notice the "growths". I have a 4x24 watt T5HO fixture. I am pretty new to the saltwater side of things and my best guess is a type of mushroom coral but really I have no idea if that is even plausible to have them just pop up out of seemingly nowhere. I greatly appreciate any help and will gladly add further information/pictures if necessary. And :thanks: in advance.

Attachments

• DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00581.jpg
    DSC00581.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00582.jpg
    DSC00582.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 109
Its brown in color and it doesnt quite look like any of the other coralline I have in my tank. I looked up lobophora and I think Kay-bee19 is correct, I didn't even know there was such a thing as encrusting plate algae. Is there any need of concern about it?

+1 plate algae. Just remove as much as you can. Doesnt grow super fast but will grow over your nice coraline and possible over corals. Just keep an eye on it

I pulled the rock, scrubbed the spots I found and switched the rock for one in my fuge.

Back
Top Bottom