Pyramid snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnsonw2

Aquarium Advice Regular
At first I saw a few of these small spiral looking snails on my sand bed with lights on, did a little research and seems like they could be pyramid snails. I waited til 15 minutes after lights off and flipped the lights back on, now i see maybe a hundred of them on the sand bed :blink:

I have about 5 Nassarius Snails and counted 3 astrea snails. I haven't bought snails in 6 months plus, but know I had about 6-7 astrea snails. I do see 2 empty shells, maybe the rest were out of sight but possibly eaten by the pyramid snails? I also have 3 hermit crabs.

The white spirals in the pic are the snails, you can see one on the nassarius too. I did manage to take one out and snap a picture, however, its very very tiny. If anyone can help ID that would be awesome. Plus if anyone has any experience with these, I would like to hear about them. Thanks

Attachments

• P9300047.jpg
    P9300047.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P9300045.jpg
    P9300045.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 91
Looks like them to me. The first one looks to be a tad too large for one, but assuming it is a really close up shot. Just take your snails out weekly and brush them off into your water change water. Closest thing to battling it you can get IMO. I struggled with them until I let them consume all the food (snails) and they died off.

Thanks for the advice. Im gonna keep an eye on them and ill repost if I have any updates.

Back
Top Bottom