Pyramid snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
img_2315618_0_76530a08e5f18898ef71ff96b6188965.jpg

Have been manually removing these for a couple weeks, believing that they are pyramid snails. The odd part is, is that they are not touching my clam but are on my other snails.

I had an outbreak of pyramids a while back. They would only attack turbo and cerith snails in my tank. I re populated with nassarius and trochus snails and I'm in the clear now.
Your battle manually removing then is eventually going to proove to be a waste of time. Sorry for your loss

There are different types of pyramids if you have that many and there are none on your clam I would expect they will leave it alone . If you want to keep everything it happens to get a taste for sit up a qt and move everything they go after into qt, and treat the display like you would ich. The only problem is I'm not sure the of the length of the life cycle. I have read anywhere from 8 months to 2 years.
I've heard of some fish that "may" snack on them, but I don't think it's a definite, and you can't be sure they will get them all even if they do. Similar to the peppermint shrimp apitasia relation.
Good luck with your battle!!!

Yeah, I've heard of doing similar battles...but with removing the sandbed during the day and scrubbing them off at night. But I'm not removing the sandbed. Also not trying a wrasse either, more likely to ignore the snails and destroy my mandarin's pod population.

Back
Top Bottom