question about white spider looking things.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They are to small to take a picture of but their are these little white things that look like spiders all over my back glass. In my typical fashion, I am going to go to worst case senario and assume they are aptasia or some sort of anemone.

They look like a tiny 1mm x 1mm spider. They are sticking to glass and reproduces like mad. There are probably 200 of them on the back and side glass of my aquarium.

If they are aptasia or something worse what are my options? Is their anything that I can do without having to use any sort of chemicals.

Thanks in advance for everyone who replies to this thread! Any comments questions or advice are greatly appreciated!

Are they swimming through the water in a jerky fashion? They're probably hydroid jellyfish.. harmless, and one of my favourite hitchikers.

Foraminiferan is the only thing that comes to mind. definitely does not sound like Aiptasia. Just keep an eye on them, probably harmless. Lots of interesting creatures will show up from time to time based on the nutrient levels in your tank.

awesome!

I'll keep an eye on them and see if anything crazy happens with them.

Back
Top Bottom