Really Creepy "Clam??"m in new LR, please help ID!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJMS86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I noticed this really creepy "clam"(??) looking thing on the new piece of LR that my red/green mushroom coral came on.
Does anyone know what this is??
I've looked around on the websites, with "hitchhikers", but did't see anything like this.
It's super creepy, because when you get close to look at it, it closes and retracts in to rock...uuuuggghhhhh...:shock: like it can see you thru that spiral thing...is it an eye???
Is it dangerous...should I try to get rid of it??
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Attachments

• 100_7131.jpg
    100_7131.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_7122.jpg
    100_7122.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 88
Vermitid Snail. :) Cool critter. It isn't dangerous. Sometimes the little "nets" that they throw out to catch food can irritate corals if they are too close. I have alot of them around my corals though and they don't seem irritated. I'd just watch your mushroom.

Thank you for helping ID this thing...so I looked online at what you said it is...and yes..that is what I now think is the squiggly thing ATTACHED to the thing I'm talking about...the "clam" looking thing...anybody know what that is??:shock:

Thank you for helping ID this thing...so I looked online at what you said it is...and yes..that is what I now think is the squiggly thing ATTACHED to the thing I'm talking about...the "clam" looking thing...anybody know what that is??:shock:

The clam looking thing is probably just an old, dead, bivalve shell that the snail is sitting on.

Matt

I dont know anything about saltwater but that thing doesnt look gross it looks amazing imo you should keep it!

Back
Top Bottom