Red Algae help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I see now that they do have a marine algaefix, I have also read of it killing sensitive marine fish too. Maybe now they have a safer product..

phosphate bags will not work and neither will stressing about food. use R/o water for water changes. Remove the rocks scrub them out place them in another bucket of water with some carbon and black the rocks out for a few days. return them back to your tank and you should be good after that.

Update:
Well, it's pretty obvious the Mexican Turbos aren't eating this stuff (and neither is anything else). The weekly rock scrubbing in buckets is keeping the rocks much nicer but it's stirred up enough that didn't get siphoned out and now the stuff is all over my sand and glass. Nothing is touching it.

Yesterday I put in a dose of the AlgaeFix and I'll follow those directions and see what comes of it. If that doesn't work I'll put my corals in a quarantine tank and black out this tank until all the algae is dead and try to manually remove everything from the rocks with corals over time.

Can't think of anything else to do. Almost a year of this is making me think a tear down and rebuild could be the way to go. Poor corals though if I have to do that.

Back
Top Bottom