Red Bush - Algae identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet I sent you a pm I am looking forward to getting it in my tank for the colour it will add!!!

BelleMorte said:
Sweet I sent you a pm I am looking forward to getting it in my tank for the colour it will add!!!

Awesome its great stuff. I have green lettuce growing now too! Will keep you posted on this thread.

Anybody ever mailed a fish or plants? I had trouble today at UPS they wanted $62.00 for next day mail. Has to be a better way.

Check out the newest algae addition!!!

image-3375292976.jpg

I am trying to control the hair algae. My hairy mushroom likes the hair because it's soft for his lip

Openbrain said:
Check out the newest algae addition!!!

I am trying to control the hair algae. My hairy mushroom likes the hair because it's soft for his lip

Id be worried about that green algae but the red looks awesome

danbstrong said:
Id be worried about that green algae but the red looks awesome

Ahhh I'm not worried its all a part of nature.... To have the perfect tank would be exhausting. I change my water with RO each week. Fish are happy and I have a little water garden.

Openbrain said:
Ahhh I'm not worried its all a part of nature.... To have the perfect tank would be exhausting. I change my water with RO each week. Fish are happy and I have a little water garden.

That algae species is hard to get rid of and will eventually take over it took over my fuge killed all my chaeto it will kill your coral if it gets a chance and it also goes assexual if that happens itll crash your tank just my opinion and experience with it

danbstrong said:
That algae species is hard to get rid of and will eventually take over it took over my fuge killed all my chaeto it will kill your coral if it gets a chance and it also goes assexual if that happens itll crash your tank just my opinion and experience with it

Yep

It's a pain

I don't know haven't had luck with any red macros yet
every time I add them the hermits go to town
added about 1/2lb a week ago and its all gone
they don't bother any of the green just the red
what is it about red I want red but they wont let me

54seaweed said:
I don't know haven't had luck with any red macros yet
every time I add them the hermits go to town
added about 1/2lb a week ago and its all gone
they don't bother any of the green just the red
what is it about red I want red but they wont let me

Get rid of the hermits. My green sea lettuce and dragons breath is growing unbelievable now that I'm changing water each week with RO it's amazing. And now I have a green plant with root like legs coming off. It's flourishing also. This is quite a sight!!

Back
Top Bottom