Red coral? BTA (wishful thinking lol)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Coral.jpg

What is it? Only thing I can think of is an anenome. IT was acutally in my sump and i added to the main tank and noticed him. It was opened just a little when i moved him and he had looked like bubble tip "arms or tentacles"

looks like a closed up bta or lta. That's what one of ours looks like right now.

i am sure its anemone but won't sure wat kinda till it start to extend...try update a pic if it come out a bit more

What should I do about this thing? Its cool looking but it if endanger my fish I really dont want it. Hell I have enough problems trying to keep fish by themselves.

I've had these anemones before and they've never become a problem. Actually, I have two of them right now. I wouldnt' worry about it.

Agreed, this species of Corallimorph shouldn't be a hinderance. They will spend most of their time retracted or hidden during daylight hours. Being heterotrophic, they will flourish or not based on available food sources. They do have a decent punch to them but I have yet to see an issue with the ones I have. As long as they don't reproduce in large numbers (which I doubt), they should be an interesting addition.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom