Red Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimmer910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just found this guy in my tank today. I've had my tank for almost 10months and have never seen this guy till now. Crazy what pops up in your tank at random times. He must have hide in the live rock all this time. Anyways I was wondering what kind of crab this is? The name slips my mind.

IMG_2832.jpg

Well that's a bummer. He's going to be tricky to get out of the tank. Thanks for your help!

Well I finally decided to evict my unwanted guest. Put a glass cup in with food and within 10mins he was in the cup
IMG_2847.jpg

This was in my nano tank which doesn't have a sump. Luckily for the crab my dad has a sump. So I put it in there

Hitchhikers are very common. They come in on rock and coral all the time. I even had an elephant slug come out of some live rock I had in my 55 after being damaged in shipping and drying out and it still waited about 6 months before coming out.
Thanks. Very strange for me. Never owned a saltwater tank so my info is scarce.

Thanks. Very strange for me. Never owned a saltwater tank so my info is scarce.

That's kind of the reason why I like live rock. It's a gamble. You can get something really cool or something that could mess up your tank or just a normal rock haha. I kind of want to do a really nice aquascaped freshwater tank but I can barely maintain the saltwater take I got now lol

Back
Top Bottom