Red slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a little growing in the same spot. it's only growing where I need soft flow. here are my test results.
Calcium-200ppm
Kh-143.2ppm
Kdh-8ppm
Phosphates-0.25. (need to replace media for it, and i also fed flake food for a few days)
Nitrate-0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Ph-8.4
temp-78
sal-1.025

Yes sir, 15-20% every week. It's a chore no lie, but gotta keep my reef and clowns happy.

Thanks. I need to get rid of this phosphate problem because it's really bothering me

Get a magnesium test kit if you dont have one. I have found that people with cyano usually have low mg. Increasing mg in a lot of cases gets rid of cyano.

I had that red slime algae too I just started our saltwater tank a few months ago so I'm not real good at it all yet but I asked the pet store and got a bullet gobie and that little guy cleaned it all up in a couple days!

I've had so many people tell me it's from phosphates, and also that they don't grow when there is phosphates.

I can't get RO water till I pay off my lights,I got 248 dollars left to pay and I'm trying to sell stuff so I can get them

As for containers, all Rubbermaid BRUTE containers are food grade. Rinse well before use. I use a 45 gal BRUTE to store my RODI top off water.

Cyano needs nutrients and light. Get and use a Hanna handheld phosphate meter when you can. Then add some gfo to help reduce it.

DON'T dose anything you haven't tested for first. Purple up is mostly a Ca booster. Stop adding it. Corals need light. All other nutrients will come from normal feedings so stop feeding phyto and any other supplements.

Should I take out the red slime algae from my refugium as well? And should I put some hermit crabs in there?

Back
Top Bottom