saragassum trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dearthm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this fish from my lfs and they told me it was a saragassum trigger. After getting it home nd looking into it more closely i think its a female bluethroat. Any info. Thanks

ForumRunner_20120214_163145.jpg

ForumRunner_20120214_163222.jpg

image-2745010892.jpg

This is the sargassum trigger. Can't really see the markings on yours but looks like a blue throat trigger

It's not a sargassum trigger has an orange tail but there isn't much of a difference in looks. How much did you pay for it?

Definitely not a sargassum ...does look like a female blue throat ,,but hard to tell from the pictures...Thats a big $$ difference too,,hopefully they didn't rip you off
Heres my sargassum,,of course i like to show him off :wink:
6756144465_206bb36865_b.jpg

FTMMWS said:
Definitely not a sargassum ...does look like a female blue throat ,,but hard to tell from the pictures...Thats a big $$ difference too,,hopefully they didn't rip you off
Heres my sargassum,,of course i like to show him off :wink:

I can't wait to get mine. They look soo nice. My favorite are the pink tail, crosshatch, and sargassum

Ok thanks for your comments ill try get a better picture later paid £60 for her thanks. She fantastic fish doesnt bother anything in tank and eats like a pig.

Ok thanks for your comments ill try get a better picture later paid £60 for her thanks. She fantastic fish doesnt bother anything in tank and eats like a pig.

Yeah Sargassum Triggers are more than 2x that price. But still a very beautiful fish.

Oh yeah,blue throats are great ..I have a male and he's quite peaceful .

This may be a better picture but im thinking blue throat. Thanks for reply it is a great fish.

ForumRunner_20120215_215152.jpg

ForumRunner_20120215_215255.jpg

It's a female blue throat not a male. A male has a blue spot under the mouth and yellow tip on his find

It's a female blue throat not a male. A male has a blue spot under the mouth and yellow tip on his find
Come to think of it ,we both could be wrong..I do agree about the fins,but sometimes my males chin is very dull(especially in the morning) ...All females i have seen are not that olive green color either ..May be a hybrid of some sort,,possibly why it was marked wrong at the LFS..Get some more pics once he is eating and becomes settled in (y)

Back
Top Bottom