sea squirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redchick2

Aquarium Advice Freak
This picture isn't the best, as it sits in a crevice, but I'm thinking this might be a sea squirt. It is growing fairly quickly and is translucent pink. I ca only see one tube coming out of it, but it is in a gap and very well could have the second tube. My first thought was a sponge, but as it gets bigger, I'm leaning toward a sea squirt. Any thoughts pro or con?

Attachments

• DSCF0569.jpg
    DSCF0569.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 78
I can't tell from the pics if it is a squirt or not. There really are no cons to having one. Pros would be just that they are really neat. :)

to clarify the pic, the part of this creature I can see really resembles a smurf head. It seems to be almost a sphere on the bottom with a tube coming out of the top. Occassionally I can catch the the tube closing and opening really fast. The whole thing is translucent pink with a slight darcker color inside it where the tube joins the body. It is growing fairly fast, so I'll try to get a better pic in the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom