Sea urchin crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinph

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so the other day i was looking at my urchin and noticed that what i thought was its mouth had legs and after looking closer i found out it was a crab but i dont know waht kind and if he is harmful to my urchin or my tank. the picture is kind of bad but he's brown and off white stripes with a flat shell that is jagged towards the front of it.

img_1105101_0_1e7a65ea1b84b76447901a2328834e95.jpg

NEAT! I saw this on Discovery. Likely you have a good little crab that protects the urchin from predators. The show showed the crab attacking would be attackers.

Thats so neat!

Matt

thats what i would say as well. its like having an anemone shrimp (ghost shrimp). you got yourself a cool little guy there

wel thats good to know he is pretty awesome even though i know here there he is still hard to find he blends in so wel with the sea urchin. does anyone know the name of the crab just so i know?

thanks man! yeah i also got a free crab in my live rock and suprising enought he is an emrald crab super lucked out there and two of my frag corals i got came with pieces of shrooms on them. its fun times.

Back
Top Bottom