See this today in my tank at feeding time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ody

Aquarium Advice Regular
See this centipede looking thing at feeding time in my tank and was the 1st time I could get a clear photo also this nem or anomne was attaché to a bit of coral I bought can anybody tell me wat they are thanks

Attachments

• image-972587657.jpg
    image-972587657.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 178
  • image-2808041095.jpg
    image-2808041095.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 176
Any IDea on the other 1 thanks

Yes it has an antenna do you no what it is

It is a Bristle worm. It's a good thing, be glad you have it. You probably have dozens, and that's also a good thing.
Majano anemone is a bad thing and you want that gone.

It looks like a baby polychaete reef worm. I'd take it out as soon as possible. They can grow up to four feet and eat corals.

Oy. Polychaete means "many bristles" and includes thousands of species including those pretty feather dusters people spend twenty to forty bucks on. Of the thousands of species of polychaete worms, there are a small handful that are potentially harmful. That's neither a Caribbean bearded nor a bobbit worm, and other than those two, the potentially harmful typed almost never get into our tanks. It's your average every day run of the mill bristle worm. It is very unlikely to ever exceed a few inches long and doesn't have the mouthparts necessary to eat corals. It is a scavenger, and a highly efficient one at that. These worms are villainized because they are worms.

Hehe. As a general rule, I hate repeating myself. But there are some things that I feel strongly enough about to get over it. These worms get such a bad reputation when they're really the best thing we can have in the tank. Plus, I actually think they're pretty in their own way. Especially if you ever look at them really closely.

Thanks guys really helpful again so get rid of the anmones then he's a pest

Back
Top Bottom