Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
at last

I got one of them too, although about as thick as a matchstick with the same description..Slithers out of a hole in the rock and the front part fold's back to jaws and it just seems to crunch at the rock and then retreats back to its hole. Inclined to think it's some kind of bristle worm. Can't find any info on the web about anything that looks like it.Don't know what length it is. Also got a small orange coloured one about half inch long ..but this one senses you there or see's you and it bolts into a hole in the rock..Quiet a few creatures inside the rock but most come out at lights out. Brilliant little crab, great markings but as soon as lights are off it hobbles over to my polyp's and snips bits off . Difficult to get him....Shame cos I like him.

Jim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Worm creature...

I can't see my creature actually swimming around. Could be possible, but it looks like it would much prefer to be crawling around, rather than swimming.

I've actually got a 2nd one now, but this one is proving to be even more difficult to photograph. This one is the same body shape..long, wormlike, with leglike side spikes and a head surrounded by tentacles....and jaws. This one is smaller and almost completely black, with a white stripe right around the end giving the appearance of a head section.

It really sounds like Jim D. has a similar creature. "jaws" is the word for it when he makes his move. It's nasty looking.

I've got some bristle worms also...very different..no head tentacles and no jaws to speak of. Similar habits, although my bristleworms tend to be bolder and just crawl where ever they please.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com