Sick buttons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
I there i have had theses green button for 2 months or there abouts the first month they were fine then started going down hill they started closeing up and shrinking i have tried moving them around the tank but no change all my water chemestry is fine my lights are double t5 i have posted a couple of pics one close up of one of the buttons which looks like either bleeching or maybe disease of some kind can anyone help in this matter many thanks ......

Attachments

• image-634874906.jpg
    image-634874906.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-153105907.jpg
    image-153105907.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 109
K thanks i will move it up were i first had it maybe a bitt higher in the tank and give that a go cheers ....

Two t5 one daylight white and one blue atintic it is a luminare on the brackets not suspended from the ceiling ...?

I have taken a pic for you that's the buttons on the sand to the right of the pic ...?

Attachments

• image-1988508239.jpg
    image-1988508239.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 78
yeap, you are going to have to raise them up considerably and/or get stronger lighting. just out of curiosity, why do you keep your water level down like that?

I would top up with ro but gonna do a water change ltr tonight it dosent realy rise much more after top off i have a marker on the side of the tank so when i do a pwc i know what level to keep it at so the salinitey stays at the proper level and i dont add to much water amd so i know when i need to top of once a week my tank is only 25 gallon but only keep 100 litres in it so i can judge top of's and doseing coral foods etc do you think i should keep more water in it the tank has up and running for two years with no probs any info is welcome my freind ....?

wow...a tang in a 25 gallon? i'm sure you know that you can't keep that fish healthy in there for too long. i wouldn't add any coral food. you don't need any of that for the corals you have.
i would top off daily. as that water level gets lower, the salinity gets higher. i would want to keep the parameters as stable as possible.

Yea i know man i had to rescue it from a freinds tank the problem is that my daughter loves it im gonna have to explain to her and maybe replace it with something smaller what would you reccomend maybe a couple of clowns or something smaller ......?

Back
Top Bottom