Sifting Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked this badboy up and love him to death... I was thinking he was a orange spotted... but he has clear fins and blue cheeks....... any ideas ??

The pet store that I used to work for calls those diamon watchmen goby. They are really big into sifting, and a lot of people loose theirs once they completly clean out the sand bed and starve. However, I have found that they will accept other aquarium food. Their scientific name is Valencienna puellaris. Here is a pic that should look something like it.
http://hem.bredband.net/maxstr/saltwater/diamond.htm

Yeah mine sifts really well... but he'll go up for food with the rest of 'em......

i used to have one of those guys... he was my favorite! he took GOOD care of the sand/gravel, but alas, my anenome ate him. i think he might have died and the clownfish carried him over to his little buddy for a quick snack. :( he was really cool to watch. good luck!

I think they are cool to watch but If you have a deep sand bed with live rock stacked on top of it.I would keep a eye on the bottom of the rock because the Diamond Gobys in my tanks have a habit of digging out under the rock and sometimes the rock will shift if I do not put the sand back under them.

they like to rearrange the sand bed and make mound all over, i like them they keep the sand clean , very shy fish :D

This guy works overtime in my tank,(2nd one though)but be careful for these guys like to jump out of your tank if the lids are left open... (I know) And he does eat brine shrimp as well, from what I see.

This guy works overtime in my tank,(2nd one though)but be careful for these guys like to jump out of your tank if the lids are left open... (I know) And he does eat brine shrimp as well, from what I see.

Back
Top Bottom