Small anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone help me ID this tiny anemone pls. Two of them came on some new liverock, sorry this is the best shot I have. They are small (button polyp sized) and have a pink foot.

img_1376094_0_5c8b6c5eeb91b14f74c5ea1ab4bc74a0.jpg

Thanks!

There are such things as mini carpet anemones, though they are seldom seen in the trade. Quite hardy little fellows if this is what you have. Sort of resembles a Scolymia too.

Actually, seems a lot like a Discosoma mushroom now that I've looked into it. A more detailed picture would make me certain, but this is a pretty safe bet.

Thanks! I actually have two mini maxi carpet anemones (again my LFS being great haha), these could be perhaps the regular mini carpets.

I don't think it is a mushroom though, they are in the tank now regardless since my brother liked them haha I hope they don't turn out to be a nuisance.

I dont think it will be a nuisance They can lean toward the agressive side though catching small critters as they swim by (If they are a carpet)

Back
Top Bottom