snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buddha_red

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some snails and placed them in the tank last night, today i found what look like eggs to me, but as they say if you dont know .. ask.

img_1039127_0_1c4c4d1352e699d4a79834d5e71b117d.jpg

What type of snails did you buy?Where did you find the eggs and what else is in the tank? What do the eggs look like?

I posted a picture of them. they look white , i bought Nerite Snails from reefcleaners.org

i found them on the back glass only. I have two false clowns, a fire fish and two blue chromis. Plus a skunk cleaner and some snails.

Sorry, pic wasn't showing up for me...Still isn't, but its probably an issue on my end.

Last edited:
Are those spots actually eggs? Because when I told a 2 of our local aquarium stores about the white spots that was all over my tank & embedded in the live rock & shells even the hermit crab shells & they would not hesitate to gobble up the snails, both stores & another marine hobbyist said that it was just a sign that my tank is aging well & that the tank is very healthy. If those white spots are eggs then I should have millions of snails by now but there are only 5 snails in the tank & no sign of tiny snails moving around. I would love to find out what those spots really are & what snail eggs actually look like. I found 4 white teardrop looking tubelike thinimagigies huddled up together on some live rock could those be snail or any kind of eggs? I have no pics but I'll try to take some today.

Peace Be Thy Fishkeeping

Well, you could have fish like mine who eat everything in sight too...lol. I got some snails on a plant shipment, and my BGK proceeded to eat all but one who must be super sneaky lol. I got some more snails today and one of bettas decided that they were a tasty snack too....Maybe your fish are doing the same thing and eating all the other ones?

I found some info on snail eggs but I'd like to show this pic of a snail laying eggs.
moz-screenshot-1.png
http://www.3reef.com/forums/attachments/inverts/5459d1144213977-snail-eggs-snaileggs.jpg . Here's some info I found SnailReproFAQs . I hope this help someone as it has for me.

Peace Be Thy Fishkeeping
moz-screenshot.png

1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
4 Cardinals
1 Hawkfish
1 Coris Formosa
4 Zebra Hermit Crabs
2 Unidentified Hermits
1 Black Long Spined Urchin

i have like at least 75 of those in my tank to!!!! i knew they were something but then a few eggs hatched and there was a super little snale had no shell becuase it was too small going up and down glass thanks!

They look like nerite eggs. Both my nerites and cerith snails lay eggs in my tank but I haven't noticed any little snails yet. Guess that by the time the eggs hatch and the larva float about in the water they get picked off by fish, corals, inverts, etc. before attaining any kind of size.

Back
Top Bottom