Snail id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madreefer420

Aquarium Advice Freak
K so I found this quite large snail in my tank and I have never introduced them b4 I also have a poop load if these thy are really small haven't seen them bother corals or anything. I honesty dunno how long iv had it I just noticed it one night when the lights were off

Attachments

• image-453015557.jpg
    image-453015557.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-294618070.jpg
    image-294618070.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 77
Not sure what the first is, but if it's eating algae I'd just ignore it.

Second might be a stomatella snail. They have small almost flat shells on their backs. Mine almost exclusively come out at night.

First one is the same as the second it's just taken from the glass it's bizzare how big this snail is and I never bought them soo cool

When I looked at the first one, I thought "turbo snail!" but then I saw the second. It doesn't look tall enough. It does have the profile of a stomatella, but much larger, and with an actual spiral shell.
It could be a turbo of some sort, there are a few types. Go to liveaquaria and check out the marine snails they have to see if any look like a match to you.
And I totally get the mysterious snail appearances. My nassarius snails have been breeding like crazy and I have some almost adult size now. If I had gotten eggs in on live rock instead of just having a half dozen adults, I'd be shocked, too.

First one is the same as the second it's just taken from the glass it's bizzare how big this snail is and I never bought them soo cool

Ah, I see it now. Yea, not a stomatella then. Colonista maybe? I know they are similar to turbo snails but much smaller. The shell colors seem to match too, gut Google is giving me a surprising lack of pictures of them from the side.

This is why I posted I found one shot and it looks like a turbo snail of sorts but I just wanted to make sure some one had them and they wrecked things

Back
Top Bottom