Snail ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this guy on my corals I just bought. Looks like a nassarius but I want to be sure.

Attachments

• image-150998466.jpg
    image-150998466.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 85
Hard to tell from that angle, but you could be right. I had baby nassarius growing in my sump for quite some time. Easiest viewing angle is from the side because they are miniature adults.

I'll try and snap another picture later on tonight. I put him in my tank and so far he's just been on the glass doing no harm.

Hard to tell from that angle, but you could be right. I had baby nassarius growing in my sump for quite some time. Easiest viewing angle is from the side because they are miniature adults.

Doesnt look like a nassarius to me, same shell shape but cant really tell from the pic... Oscar when you saw it in the tank did it have a foot sticking out and into the water? (upwards) Usually nassarius stick to the substrate.

Started searching photos and I'm pretty sure it is indeed a whelk and yes, my filter is the Jebo type filter that I'm changing out soon. The return is gravity fed so there's a chance it might just make it back into the tank as it moves through compartments.

Back
Top Bottom