Snail Pool? Ammonia ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
Its what it looks like little things of poop at the bottom of the tank and usually forms when the snails are around it, could this case ammonia because after my fishless cycle my ammonia went down and was at zero for awhile and just checked today and it has slightly gone up, what could of caused this and what could i do to fix it. All i have is 2 damsels and clean up crew in 12 gallons tank

How did you do your fish less cycle? Did you use a shrimp, fish food, ammonia?

But ya prob just started a new mini cycle when ya added your livestock. In a small tank, its really best to SLOWLY add livestock. I'd get water changes ready in case the rest of your params spike!

no worries its just the tank taking the new load you'll see little spikes prob for first 6 months or so as you add things
as long as you do 10% water changes weekly you'll be good

Agreeing with both above,your denitrifying bacteria is just catching up to the bio-load,I would however add a little prime to neutralize the ammonia as it can burn the gills of your fish and any detectable ammonia can kill your inverts.And do a water change,it will slow the process,but will be easier on your livestock.

Back
Top Bottom