some weird green plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOVEYOURPOOLGUY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone out there could identify these plants that are growing in my tank. The one that is bladelike and looks almost like a cactus has been growing for quite some time, however the green plant with the disc like things on it grew almost overnight. Please help.

LOVEYOURPOOLGUY said:
I was wondering if anyone out there could identify these plants that are growing in my tank. The one that is bladelike and looks almost like a cactus has been growing for quite some time, however the green plant with the disc like things on it grew almost overnight. Please help.

Language please!! 8O

Pics posted to the forum must be smaller than 100kb. If between 100-250 kb you can post them in your gallery instead and then link to them.

Cheers
Steve

cactuslike, wothout pics sounds like halimeda, a calcifying macro algea. The bladelike can be just about any macro algea from razor calerpa to prolifera to common hair algea. Probably all harmless, but if you get the pics up that would clear things up a bit.

R-

Back
Top Bottom