Something in the fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I know what one of these pics are, but the other I have no clue and I'm hoping it's a sponge and not a flatworm. The other pic are apastia anemone's that have attached and multiplied on the glass of the fuge, will they spread and go into the main tank if let alone? They'd have to travel up the pump, would they make it? Look forward to the replies, thanks!

The pink one does look like it could be a sponge. Any chance of getting a pic from the flat side if it's clear? That would help determine what it is for sure.

The aips multiply mainly through tissue seperation. Any bit that makes it into the main tank can potentially become a new pest. If it goes through an impeller first, that just means many more possible aips.

Cheers
Steve

Ack, thanks Steve, the pink one is pink on the back too, it's like a solid pink and it doesn't move. Great about the aips, I just looked there's one right by the pump on the floor of the tank :/ Just when I thought we had gotten rid of them all.

Thanks again! Going aip hunting tonight :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom