something new?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They reach around 4-5", give or take an inch. They prefer water movement ime because they need food to come to them unless you feed them. Most are situated shaded under live rock ledges, cryptic, but can photo-acclimate (easier with less intensities) to other areas and especially if well-fed (2-3 times/week).

They reach around 4-5", give or take an inch. They prefer water movement ime because they need food to come to them unless you feed them. Most are situated shaded under live rock ledges, cryptic, but can photo-acclimate (easier with less intensities) to other areas and especially if well-fed (2-3 times/week).

sounds pretty sweet. so he still has a lot of growth then. I'm truly fascinated that I have one in my tank considering my lighting.

he won't ever become a threat to say my clownfish or my purple firefish goby? I definitely don't want anything happening to my clownfish bc they are true percula's. :D

ok wow. my lights turned off a while ago and I decided to go look at the anemone since the lights have been off for a while now and He is a lot more stretched out at night! some tentacle are over an inch long! its nuts!

ok now I'm worried. Since I've moved my rocks I've found more of those "anemones"...2 or three more atleast from what I can see. spread through out the tank near the very bottom by the sand. Seriously should I be worried. I honestly don't know how long they've been in there, so I'm wondering if they will get much bigger seeing how the guy before me had the tank for 3 years and never noticed them. Also think I just found an aiptasia...its on the sand, and its tiny but looks just like my starfish in color with very very small tentacles. It's brown with black dots and such on it. what to do?

Ok I'm back with what seems like more dilemma. I am confused. About my tank I assume. I lost my fish and now it seems like I've lost the peppermint shrimp I squires about a month ago. They've been missing for about a week now. Is something eating or getting to these. I just don't get it. Also I was using a flash light and found what seems to look like a glam or something up in one of my rocks. It has these clearish looking layers in it and is very strange looking but I can't see the outside bc it is as if it's wedged itself in the rock and only the tissue parts are exposed. Also in the very back onside of the rock that I showed that picture of that anemone I seen some 2 little worms back in there. I heard they are bristle worms. Should I be concerned. Sorry this is just so much.

I have a few in my tank. They don't like light. I put one out where I could see it and it retracts during the day and comes out at night. I have one that is about an inch across. They are cool looking. Never harmed anything.

That's good to know atleast I've found out that I have 5-6 of those little anemones! All really close to the bed and under rocks and such. But what could have happened to my shrimp?!

Back
Top Bottom