Something puffing out white bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirk33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Very strange...
I witnessed something crawl out of one of my rocks and puff out these white bubbles.
I know pictures help but i was so enthralled watching this odd creature I forgot to whip out my phone before it slithered back in to the rock.
I don't know how to describe it...Looked like a tube with little tentacles hanging from the mouth area.
It gave about 5 or 6 puffs before disappearing,
Anyone witness something like this before?

Well judging by the zero comments, nobody is that interested... But. I have determined this creature to be a stomatella snail. It was spawning, shooting its eggs all over the place.

Actually just this post, so I wouldn't say nobody was interested. I was gonna saw maybe a feather duster but it seems you got it figured out.

Sounds pretty cool though...

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. More of a dig on myself clearly posting a awful description. Anywho. This thing is pretty cool, he looks like a snail that has crawled out of his shell

Yeah, they are a cool snail def. I've had several of them, but have never had them spawn like my other snails do. It has got a tad out of control as my rocks and glass are COVERED with eggs...

Back
Top Bottom