Sound id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
So ever so often I would hear a click in my tank... Then I stayed by my tank for a couple mins after I shut my lights off and there were immediately about 10 clicks .. What kinda shrimp and is it harmful

Multiple clicks = pistol. Single click = mantis. I have a pistol and so far he is harmless. He does click a lot.

Probably a pistol. If so, they are really harmless. Just move sand around and scavage for food.

If it is a mantis, though most likely a pistol, you'll see that there are a lot of missing crabs and snails in the tank. And if you catch it please post pics!!! I love mantis lol, I also love pistols though haha

It helps to know what you are dealing with. Pistol shrimps usually burrow and a mantis shrimp like to hide in rocks more than under them. You can trap either one with a little luck and time no matter which one it is there are people wanting them.

Make a bottle trap and be prepared to catch a lot of bristle worms in it.

When I added rock I did see a shrimp in a price of rock in a hole

make a bottle trap as stated above. Take a bottle, cut the top off, then put some food inside. And as stated above, you will get others wanting the food.

Back
Top Bottom