Spider like bristle???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvelez12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently I've realized i have tons of bristle worms in my 30 gal saltwater reek tank. Which totally freak me out NOW i find this crazy thing with at LEAST 6 legs!!! I seems like its attached to a mushroom on a LR. Because everyday the mushroom seems to shift more to the left. Then I tried to get it and it pulled all its legs inside behind the mushroom... Right now its hiding so i cant get a pic... Any ideas?

It might be a brittle star. Here is a pic of the one that was id on here a few days ago. It's just the legs but maybe it will help

Hmmm that does look close! Whats the deal with them? Should i be worried? Also i thought stars only had 5 legs? This one definitely has at the very least 6!

I'm not sure on how many legs they have but I know there are quite a few types and most are harmless from what I've read. Did you happen to see what color it was?

Is it aiptasia? I can't see a mushroom moving for a mobile starfish. Leads me to suspect aiptasia as it can irritate corals and retract into the rock quickly, starfish are slow.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396049430.459550.jpg

Well this was the best picture i could get.. U could see three legs on the right side of the mushroom.

And I actually do have two or three aiptasia that I can not get rid. But not on the lr.

Back
Top Bottom