Sponges?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have found several of these growing in my tank as of late. I am thinking they are sponges but not sure. Can anyone tell from the pic? If so is this good or bad lol.

Sponges.jpg

Thanks reefing Madness. Was shocked to see them. Have always heard Sponges are hard to keep and they just popped out of nowhere. :)
When most people refer to keeping sponges they are different types. The ones you have are relatively common hitch hikers and are a sign of a healthy tank :)

I have them in my tank too. They are good for filter feeding.

I have been really enjoying them. I have to admit I was shocked that they just now showed up. The tank is a little over a year old now, I think, and they just started popping up lol.

When most people refer to keeping sponges they are different types. The ones you have are relatively common hitch hikers and are a sign of a healthy tank :)

Well its about time it matured and got healthy :lol: was beginning to wonder there :razz:

Yep I have a big one in my tank as well. Only grows in the dark. I have a white one though that grows in the light. Nothing to worry over man

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep I have a big one in my tank as well. Only grows in the dark. I have a white one though that grows in the light. Nothing to worry over man

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey Bribo!!! Would love to see a couple pix of yours. Oh and by the way.....AWESOME on your 40!!!!! Looks great :)

Back
Top Bottom