Spot on tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
My blue regal has this spot beside it's eye, it's not flashing or anything like that, no other inhabitants are acting strange either. Is this something to worry about?

tang_001.jpg

and this

tang.jpg

How pronounced is the bump and are there any distinguishable animal features? I looks almost like it's an isopod of some sort but I can't tell for sure. Kinda hard to really tell what it is.

Cheers
Steve

Looks like a round pimple, It's not white but it's not as dark as in the picture. It was not there last night, I have had him for about 3 weeks. eats like a horse, the only time he is not active is when the lights are out. no strange behavior except when I stuck the net in the tank he hid in his sleeping place for 5 min or so. Still won't go near the net even though I put some algae strip in it. :roll:

Hard to tell really but definately keep an eye on it. If it turns out to be nothing then great but watch it doesn't get worse if bacterial in nature. Where does the tang sleep? Could be it injured itself that way, heater?

How's the water specs?

Cheers
Steve

Stupid fish sleeps behind the heater right where you see him in the 1st picture, however, there is a heater guard on it. He was sleeping in a rock until a bristle star took it from him. I was trying to catch him to see if it was just something stuck on him but no dice I'll have to empty the tank to catch him and can't do that until I get my new stand so I can fill my big tank. he is in my 29 right now, was only supposed to be there for a week while my new stand was being finished but the guy got behind and I won't get it until this week sometime. :roll:

Hey, it looks like a pimple and they now have pro-active acne medicine for fish in the market. I have tried it on my hippo tnag and MORE MORE ACNE. LOL.

it probably ate something that caused him to break out. LOL. I woudl not worry about unless you see it progressing then I would treat it for a bacterial infection.

Thanks, I think I'll leave it alone until I start to move the tank, unless it gets worse, and see if it's removeable when I start to move him.

justmy2cents said:
Thanks, I think I'll leave it alone until I start to move the tank, unless it gets worse, and see if it's removeable when I start to move him.
I think that's the best approach for now. Unless you know for sure what it is, leave it and observe for now. If it "becomes" something greater, it should be easier to identify and norrow down a treatment if any.

Watch the eye to be sure it remains clear. Just on the off chance, try a seach for Lymphocystis. It probabaley isn't based on the speed it appeared (and smooth nature) but best to check.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, I did a search for Lymphocystis and came up blank no pictures, but the symptoms don't match, He is just as active as always. Actually in picture 2 you can see where he rests and hides :lol: , any time he feels threatens in any way he take off and goes there. And he ain't there now he is just swimming sround picking at the ph. :mrgreen:

Hey 2 Cents

Could just dose the water with a little bit of Sea-Breeze facial cleanser. Smells good, clears up acne, and your hippo can get drunk all at the same time!! Last I looked you could pick the stuff up in any grocery, pharmacy, or drug store.

:D

Could just dose the water with a little bit of Sea-Breeze facial cleanser. Smells good, clears up acne, and your hippo can get drunk all at the same time!! Last I looked you could pick the stuff up in any grocery, pharmacy, or drug store.

2 problems with that. 1 not a hippo and 2 the rest of the residents have no problem and your not supposed to medicate for no reason. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom