Star fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
I believe those are Asterina star fish. There very common. And they will pop up outta nowhere. I don't think there harmful.

+1 convicts got it right. Not harmful

Be careful cause some like to munch on corals. They also multiply fast.

I`ve had them for years and never lost anything. I have an orange seastar that munches on them.

Never heard of Asterina stars eating coral, always thought of them as great, although small, additions to the clean-up-crew!

If you do find they are doing any damage, a Harlequin shrimp would clean them up in no time, as they ONLY eat starfish. Once he cleaned the tank though you would have to feed him starfish weekly.

Think that is a lone yellow colony polyp, very similar in structure as Aptasia, but it looks opaque, and yellow, not transparent like Aptasia.

It finally started crawling onto my live rock. I watched him closely as he scooted by the star polyps

They are harmless. Enjoy them. I also agree that you have an aptasia on that rock in the background. Nuke it before it spreads. Did you make it to the frag swap on Sat.?

I`ve had them for years and never lost anything. I have an orange seastar that munches on them.

When I said my orange seastar munches on them I meant to say he munches on the asternia stars. They wont mess with your corals.

rdnelson99 said:
They are harmless. Enjoy them. I also agree that you have an aptasia on that rock in the background. Nuke it before it spreads. Did you make it to the frag swap on Sat.?

No on an ambulance:(

Its ok. Maybe next time

Back
Top Bottom