strawberry anemone's... Good or Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer_luna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I might have a few very small strawberry anemone's growing on some of my rock in my aquarium. Are they good or are they bad... If they are bad how do I get rid of them naturally without using chemicals

I will try and take one when i get home, but they are so small and in a akward area. but i will try and post it tonight

I've never heard of one until now, so I did some research on it. I'd have a feeling it might be aiptasia rather than a strawberry nem, but can't ID it without a picture.

I heard strawberry anemones are pretty harmless since they barely get an inch wide. They usually have pink/red feet and white-tipped tentacles and hide in darker parts of the tank.

Hopefully it's not aiptasia or majano. Only way to get rid of aiptasia and majano naturally is with a creature that eats it such as peppermint shrimp, filefish, and certain butterflies, and it's not a guarantee it'll eat the anemone.

So here is a picture of what ever the hell is growing in my tank... I did some research and it looks like a strawberry anenomy. The picture is kinda blurry and not that great cause i took it with my phone but the color is more deep and the tentacles are clear with white palls on the ends.

Any ideas what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_20120829_211340.jpg
    IMG_20120829_211340.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom