Super tiny feather duster or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MysterioMask

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I can't tell what these are. Is this a feather duster , a type or coral or something else. This photo I am using a magnifying lens just to see it. It's maybe about the size of a small pin head or slightly larger in size. Otherwise almost unnoticeable. After starring at it for a length of time I watched it close and pull back rapidly and then open itself back up. It is on a piece of Coraline frag slightly larger than my thumb. If it's a feather duster I was not aware they could be so small. But I am no expert.

I just started a new tank maybe a month ago and have been letting it cycle and have not added any animals except live rock and coralline frags.

Also. I don't have a photo of this because it was too fast and hiding but I saw a tiny looking bug thing maybe 2 millimeters long running around on a piece of rock looked like a tiny millipede without that many legs. It seemed somewhat thin ran fast and was darkish in color. Any clue on either? IMAG2578_1.jpg

The tiny bug like thing is a pod. See link
You Can't Tell Your "Pods" Without A Program by Ronald L. Shimek, Ph.D. - Reefkeeping.com

It`s hard to see whether it`s a mini duster or aiptasia. Aiptasia is a nuisance in the tank. A better and more direct picture would help.
Here is another photo. It's not easy to take these given how small they are and almost a white/ clear color. Although this larger orange one showed up today. I'm pretty sure that's a feather duster as it looks like its in a tube like structure and larger than the tiny ones. But would like confirmation .IMAG2590_1.jpg20170721_171540-20170721-181022738_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom