Swimming grub things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thehowards

Aquarium Advice Regular
I haven't seen them before I picked up a diamond goby and I'm guessing in his burrowing he threw them from under the LR all I could get was a video.

I'm sorry I don't think that's planaria. Planaria is way smaller and they also don't swim that fast.

They look like Planaria.

Usually, these are harmless to fish. Some fish even like to eat them. However, they only thrive in poor quality water... How much are you feeding your fish? I would do a 20-30% water change. Make sure to stir the sand after water changes so that no trapped food or waste gets stuck for the Planaria to get to. In a few weeks, they should go away.

Good luck!

No do not stir the sand. Those aren't planaria. If you stir your sand your gonna crash your tank.

Do you realize this is the saltwater section?

This is planaria. What the op has is NOT planaria. I think yell have your facts wrong about planaria.

I don't think it's planaria I watched a video and the move super slow and they showed a close up it looks nothing like these guys.

I don't think it's planaria I watched a video and the move super slow and they showed a close up it looks nothing like these guys.

Exactly. It's a sw tank so I'd let one of the more experienced users chime in. Just be patient and don't accept planaria!

And do not stir your sand bed please!

If it helps there was a white one and a orange one the white one was slightly smaller but not by much. I was just walking buy noticed a weird movement the lights were off for the night so i used a flashlight and they went crazy.

Unless it is a polyclad flatworm or acro eating flatworms you have nothing to worry about. And with the description it is neither of those

Back
Top Bottom