Tang ID!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google yellow eye tang and see if it looks alike I can barely see the picture it's to blurry and dark

Nah I figured it out.. the kid on Craigslist said it was a Blue Eye Kole Tang and I never heard of it so wanted to see if anyone on here knew.. turns out its also called a Two Spot Bristletooth Tang. Thanks tho!

Yup looked it up yellow eye is a kole tang so they closely related

There are several tang species with dark spots posteriorly on the dorsal and anal fins. It may well be Ctenochaetus binotatus (Twospot bristletooth/tang), but it may be one of the other species, such as Acanthurus nigrofuscus (Brown Surgeonfish). You should be able to narrow it down to genus by looking at the teeth when it is feeding on the algae on the glass - Ctenochaetus have very fine, brushlike teeth.

Tony

Good info! Thanks tony. However, like I said it was a guy selling it on Craigslist and he wanted a ridiculous amount of money for a juvenile so I just said never mind lol thanks for the info anyways guys!! Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom