Tank has become very cloudy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What color? Cloudy white can be either a bacterial bloom or a calcium/alk overdose. Green can be a algae bloom.

Do you have fish in there? Cuz my tank gets cloudy from them messing around in the sand. My jawfish is constantly digging, so there is always sand particles flying around my tank. ( which makes it look a little cloudy)

ccCapt said:
What color? Cloudy white can be either a bacterial bloom or a calcium/alk overdose. Green can be a algae bloom.

It's white cloudy. Is it a bad thing?? And what should I do? My tank has been up and running for about 6 months now with no problems. All of my leaves have been perfect. Is there anything new I can test for?

Breezyrae said:
Do you have fish in there? Cuz my tank gets cloudy from them messing around in the sand. My jawfish is constantly digging, so there is always sand particles flying around my tank. ( which makes it look a little cloudy)

I have two triggers a lion fish and a fox face.

It's white cloudy. Is it a bad thing?? And what should I do? My tank has been up and running for about 6 months now with no problems. All of my leaves have been perfect. Is there anything new I can test for?
What, exactly, are your water parameters, especially nitrate and ammonia.
A bacterial bloom is usually caused by excessive nutrients in the water column and the bacteria population explodes because there is so much food for them.
How often do you do water changes and what kind of water (RO/DI, tap, well, etc) do you use?

ccCapt said:
What, exactly, are your water parameters, especially nitrate and ammonia.
A bacterial bloom is usually caused by excessive nutrients in the water column and the bacteria population explodes because there is so much food for them.
How often do you do water changes and what kind of water (RO/DI, tap, well, etc) do you use?

Ph between 8.0 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0. I use tap I mix my water about two day in advance do a water change about ever 4 to 6 weeks

Using tap water would probably be the source of your problem. You can get a RO/DI unit for 100 bucks easily. And looking at your tank and what is swimming around in it...that is an investment I would just not put into tap water to chance.

Sniperhank said:
Using tap water would probably be the source of your problem. You can get a RO/DI unit for 100 bucks easily. And looking at your tank and what is swimming around in it...that is an investment I would just not put into tap water to chance.

I'm pretty new to all this what is a RO/DI unit?

Back
Top Bottom