There's a forest growing on my live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can when I get home but I've never seen them open. I did see little fine string things swaying at one time. I've not had it long and it's not in my main tank right now. I touched it and it's hard like seashell hard.

jsmith said:
Are they open yet? I cant see the older pic can you post new one?

image-1150567923.jpg

image-851368259.jpg

In addition...what is this yellow thing?? THAT'S NEW!

image-3502685209.jpg

image-3543988658.jpg

Sorry if the pics aren't good but I'm using my cell!

Not sure what the yellow thing is, but the other might be the skeleton of an LPS coral. Like a branching Hammer, Torch, Frogspawn, etc.
Just a guess though!

Looks like a sun coral skeleton and a yellow sponge but just a guess

That's cool! Does it grow back because there were some little filament hair looking things coming from it the other day but they aren't there all the time. Also, (and I forgot to mention this) I dipped that rock in some Revive because incase it was alive and had some kind of yuck I didn't want it to die. Then the yellow sponge thing popped up...or whatever it is. It has little circles on it but you can't see them well.

I guess it could come back, if it wasn't completely dead.
I saw the circles on the yellow thing, that's why I didn't think it was sponge, almost reminded me of some kind of Brain coral, Favia sp.

Oh crud! I guess I need to get this sorted fairly quickly because I don't really have reef lighting on this holding tank and I'm researching light for my main to turn it into a reef. Maybe I will repost the pic of the little yellow thing to see if someone knows for sure. In the meantime I will look up what you suggested and research brain coral just incase! Thank you!!

nikki_kaiser said:
Oh crud! I guess I need to get this sorted fairly quickly because I don't really have reef lighting on this holding tank and I'm researching light for my main to turn it into a reef. Maybe I will repost the pic of the little yellow thing to see if someone knows for sure. In the meantime I will look up what you suggested and research brain coral just incase! Thank you!!

LEDs by Taotonic would be great lighting for ur reef.

Back
Top Bottom