Think I have some identified, some I dont.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok I think I figured outwhat type of crab I have...amazing what can turn up whenh you google "brown white crab"

Banded Clinging Crab

I think that is what I have, is it reef safe? I saw it is called an anemone crab, and saw a few pics of them hangin out with anemones..if they hang with them, would it be impossible to get a clown to host an anemone this crab has taken a liking to? (dont have any anemones, or clowns...just the crab and some live rock

OK, I have a few green tubes that dont seem much connected to anything, they are about an inch long, mostly single strands, sometimes 2 or 3 clumbed and twined together. I have maybe 10 total in the tank I was thinking some sort of algae?

Featherdusters? White tubes that follow the countour of the rock, little red fan stickin out one end. some of the tunes as long as 3/4 inch, some as short as 1/8 inch,

Somethying like the featherdusters? It looks like the featherdusters, except is white basically...really hard to see, maybe 2mm across, no tube, conencted directly tothe rock, no stalk on it, it starts spreading right from the rock

Mushroom thing. Pink thing, looks like a mushroom, the stalk is about 1.5 inches long after the lights have been on a few hours, I can see through the stalk, and can see white tubes collected at the base (food?) The top is about 3/4 inch across at max, thing shrinks at night to about 1/4inch across and the stalk almost disappears...it is attacked to one of the green tubes I mentioned and the live rock

Sponge or Fungus? White and cloudy, about an inch across, no definate border, would look like a fungus in my freshwater tank, except upon close examination, it has 3rd dimensional features, tubes ect that looks like it could funnel some water around underneath the surface of it. IT looks like a messily organized organism more than a fungus..but I dont know for sure.

Coraline? The pinkish and maroonish stuff that covers a vast amount of the surface of my live rock I am guesing is coraline?

something...They are abotu 1mm across at the max, s ome are even smaller, they almost look like specs on the acrylic. tehy normally dont move, I see a few drifting in the current time to time. I touched one of the larger ones then observed it from outside the tank, it is deff. alive. it moved/crawled along the surface of the acrylic, has what looked like some sort of mouth and foot. they range in color from an orange to a red

Snails--using this website someone else posted in their thread, http://www.melevsreef.com/id/kritter2.html the snails Ihave are one of two types, the sundials or the collinistas., the first that sight says are bad for zoos, the second are reed safe. I Plan on getting zoos as my first reef type addition, so sundials would be....bad?..They look almost identical in this pic, and of course, they are itty bitty, 1/4 inch across at the largest, I have probbly 20 judging by the 5 I can quickly locate at any given time.

I have locateed about 1/2 dozen mysis shrimp, doin fine after a week of the live rock bein in the tank.

Bristleworms...good or bad? the largest I have found is about 2 inches long and grey, also have some red ones, largest of those is about 1.5 inches.

I know its alot, but I appreciate the help, thanks.

I think you have a grasp on some of them but we really need some pics on some of them. Crab,Green tubes and mushroom thing to start out with. I believe the featherdusters , corraline and sponge you are OK on your ID

For the green tubes...google neomeris annulatis (might need to correct spelling) aka caterpillar weed.

Really need pictures as was mentioned.

I believe the crab would lose to a clown, if they were fighting, depending on the size of the crab. I can't remember where I read that, maybe liveaquaria.com.

that is not the correct algae, the stuff I have, if it is algae..maybe something else..dont know, is also about a millimeter in diamter or so, looks wormlike.

I dont hav ea camera to use for a while :(

How about Codium arabicum or Codium edule, for the green stuff, I also have a pic on my gallery....

+++EDIT+++

LOL!! I guess I should have taken a pic of it withou the CYANO on it!

OK, the gren stuff has been identified, an algae (dont remmber the name, but was the good stuff, just need to make sure there doesnt grow too much of it) the specks have been identified, a type of flatworm. The snails, I have sitting in front of my an example of each type the LFS handed me. I stil lcant tell, so I am just pulling all of the ones I see.

3 LFSs later, the crab is still un-identified, gonna let it stay until I see stuff start dieing.

bumblebee snails ok?

I stil ldotn know what my purple mushroom thingy is, LFS did say it was a good thing though.

bumblebee snails ok?

They might eat your other snails.....

ok, I'll go aheazd and bring him back when I go to pick up more liverock tehn.

Back
Top Bottom