This kinda scares me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a dead crab this morning (a hitch hiker i didn't even know i had) while pulling him out i knocked off a leg. When i went to pull it out there was some sort of worm or god knows what pulling it away back in between the rocks. i was lucky to have the camera.

The only thing i can think of it resembling is spegetti.

The second picture is on another rock. I don't know if they're related

Well I'm not sure if we're referring to the same "worm." What i was referring to was the tentacle. It was about the size of angel hair pasta. I can't get a look at what the tentacle was attached to.

Sounds like a spaghetti worm to me. They are harmless. They use those tentacles to transport anything they can toward their centre. The crab leg probably just got stuck to it, but there is no way that the worm was responsible for the crab's demise.

I saw those in my tank to but i only see the white ones when the lights are on and i got thicker ones that are tan in color that come out when the light is off. Scares me too.

They are worms that use sticky extensions of their stomach tissue (yea, gross isnt it??) to transport detritus to their mouth. They are not only harmless, but actually very useful in the reef tank, as they help cycle the nutrients. Be happy you have them, and enjoy the biodiversity of your ecosystem.
Andrej

Yeah great! Alls I need to do is get rid of my red slime algae and I'll be all set. I have to clean my glass every week and pick it off my sand. It sucks.

Back
Top Bottom