Three different things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spartachris

Aquarium Advice Regular
This came on an order from ipsf. It was advertised as an anthelia polyp, but it looks like I have there different things on this. Should I separate them, amd what are they?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110326_195924.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110326_195924.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 212
  • ForumRunner_20110326_195945.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110326_195945.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 205
I could be wrong, but I don't think they are aiptasia. All the pictures I've seen show them with smooth tentacles, but these are "hairy."

Anthelia and xenia looks a lot alike when it is that small. I am thinking it is xenia and if it is anything like mine in 9 months it will be the size of a baseball or larger. And it looks like you have some zoas at the base of it.

Mushroom! Thanks. Next question: should I separate them or let them grow for a while and see what happens? Thanks so much!

They look really small. I would just let them grow out and see what happens.

Leave them alone but keep an eye on the anthelia. I set mine against the back of the tank so it would grow and spread on that instead of the rocks and it will be easy to scrape off.

Thanks all. I'll just wait and peace them alone for a while. One thing this hobby has taught me is patience and let things take their own sweet time. :)

I got it from ipsf.com, and it was actually the first frag I've ever gotten, so I must have lucked out!

Spartachris said:
This came on an order from ipsf. It was advertised as an anthelia polyp, but it looks like I have there different things on this. Should I separate them, amd what are they?

Thanks!

Leave them alone.xenia and the zoa will be fine. But under good conditions the zoa will spread fast and could overgrow the xenia but than again I could say the same thing about the xenia!!!!! Good luckand have fun with it!! I have a similar piece!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110405_015244.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110405_015244.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 77
Watch out! That Kenya tree will grow like crazy! I have a large one in my tank and it's been in there for about a month, I already have three frags growing in my tank and like 5 getting ready to split from the tree!!

Back
Top Bottom