tiny fan ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madhatter208

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok.. I've been checking out my live rock for anything of intrest.
I've spoted these small white tubes coiled loosely. they may be an inch at the most. They have small red / oragne fans the poke out. When flashed w/ a flash light they quickly dart in.
Saddly they are to small for my camera to get a good pic.
So are these a small fan? or something else?
I dont see them as being anything bad but what do i know .. If i did i wouldnt be posting this now would I :D

thanks

sounds like little mini fans , harmless filter feeders . I have them in red , white and a white tan striped version in mine . They will stay pretty much that size

I have alot of white ones. As Sadie Lynn said they are harmless filter feeders.

found a larger white / clear fan to.. prob have < that I've found > 8 or so fans.
Since im cycleing the tank still do these fans need / want / require any food to keep them alive and happy?

nope they will feed off of what you feed your tank . They will probably survive the cycle or atleast part of them will ....

I discovered one in my tank last month. It has a white tube with purple fans. I moved the rock from the bottom of the tank to the top so i can watch him grow. He survived a vicious cycle.

cool beans.. found a larger clear looking one as well.. .. nice to see so many.. makes it even more like my tiny little ocean.

I have red/white and tan ones - seem to be growing well so far . I would guess about 15 in total they are great little filter feeders and look great when people look close enough to notice . My biggest is around 1/8 diameter tube .

Back
Top Bottom